Makes 6 to 8 servings.
4 cups chicken stock
1 cup tomato sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon whole pickling spice
2 cups long grain rice
2 tablespoons oil
Chopped fresh tomato
Chopped fresh green pepper
1. Mix first 3 ingredients in wok.
2. Place pickling spice in cheesecloth bag; add to wok. Bring to boil 225°F. Reduce heat to “simmer” for 10 minutes.
3. Sauté rice in hot oil in skillet or another wok at 325°F until lightly browned.
4. Add to stock mixture. Bring to boil at 225°F; cover; reduce to “simmer” for about 25 minutes or until rice is tender.
5. Remove spice bag. Serve immediately garnished with chopped tomato and pepper.
- West Bend Admin