Makes 4 servings.
1 pound tofu
¼ teaspoon salt
3 eggs, lightly beaten
¼ cup flour
2 tablespoons water
¼ teaspoon crushed fresh ginger root
1 green onion including top, finely chopped
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1. Cut tofu in half horizontally; sprinkle with salt; let stand 10 minutes. Pat dry; cut tofu in 1 x 2 inch pieces.
2. Mix next 2 ingredients in bowl until smooth.
3. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in uncovered wok at 375°F.
4. Dip tofu pieces, one at a time, in batter; fry, three to four at a time, in oil until golden brown; drain. (Add more oil if necessary.)
5. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in wok.
6. Add ginger root and green onions; stir-fry 10 seconds.
7. Return tofu to wok with soy sauce; cover, cook 1 minute. Serve immediately.
- West Bend Admin