Makes approx. 32 pieces.
1 – 6 ounces can shrimp, drained and minced
3 ounces ground lean pork
1 ½ teaspoons dry sherry
1 ½ teaspoons soy sauce
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup finely chopped green onions
¾ teaspoon cornstarch
½ teaspoon sesame oil
7 to 8 slices thin white bread
1 cup peanut oil
1. Mix shrimp with next 8 ingredients and 1 egg.
2. Spread shrimp mixture generously over 1 side of each slice of bread.
3. Beat remaining egg in bowl; brush over bread and filling. Sprinkle bread crumbs over filling.
4. Cut bread diagonally into quarters.
5. Heat oil in uncovered wok at 375°F.
6. Slide bread triangles, a few at a time, filling side down., into hot oil. Fry until golden; turn to brown other side. Drain on paper towels. Serve hot.
*NOTE: Shrimp Toast can be made 30 minutes in advance; keep warm in 200°F oven.
- West Bend Admin