Makes 4 to 5 dozen.
2 tablespoon peanut oil
3 ribs celery, cut in 1 inch julienne pieces
6 green onions, cut in 1 inch pieces
¾ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon sugar
1½ pounds finely chopped lean pork or chicken or shrimp
1 – 8 ounces can sliced bamboo shoots, drained and coarsely chopped
2 cups fresh bean sprouts
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons dry sherry
1 - 1 pound package egg roll skins
1 egg white, lightly beaten
3 cups peanut oil
Sweet and Sour Sauce or (see Sauce recipes)
Hot Mustard Sauce or (see Sauce recipes)
1. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in uncovered wok at 375°F. Add next 4 ingredients stir-fry 2 minutes.Remove to large bowl; set aside.
2. Heat 1½ teaspoon oil in wok until hot; add pork and bamboo shoots; stir fry 1 minute. Remove to bowl.
3. Heat remaining 1½ teaspoon oil in wok until hot; add bean sprouts; stir-fry 2 minutes; remove to bowl.
4. Turn wok OFF. Clean and dry when cool.
5. Stir soy sauce and sherry into mixture in bowl. Place in strainer to drain thoroughly, at least 10 min.
6. Place 1 egg roll skin on counter with corner toward you. Put 1 tablespoon filling in rectangular mound on center of wrapper. Fold bottom corner of wrapper up over filling; overlap 2 opposite side corners. Moisten 4th or top corner with egg white; fold over to form roll.
7. Heat oil in uncovered wok at 375°F. Fry egg rolls two to three at a time, until golden brown.
8. Drain on paper towels. Serve with sauce of your choice *Note: After frying, egg rolls can be covered and refrigerated no longer than 24 hours. Heat, uncovered in 350°F oven about 15 minutes or until heated through.
- West Bend Admin