2 cups water
½ cup soy sauce
1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
3 pounds spareribs, cut into 2 inch pieces
2 tablespoon packed light brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon sesame seed
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
1 – ¼ inch sliced fresh gingerroot, peeled and minced
1. Mix water ¼ cup soy sauce and garlic in wok.
2. Add spareribs; bring to boil at 225°.
3. Reduce heat to “simmer”; cover, cook 1 hour.
4. Remove cover; bring to boil at 225°, cook 20 minutes.
5. Drain reserve ¼ cup cooking liquid.
6. Mix remaining ¼ cup soy sauce and remaining ingredients.
7. Place spareribs and reserve ¼ cup cooking liquid in wok at 325°.
8. Pour seasoned soy sauce over ribs, cook, spooning sauce over ribs; until it thickens and adheres to ribs, about 10 minutes. Serve warm
*NOTE: These can be made 3 to 4 hours in advance, then reheated in microwave oven or in conventional 350° oven for 10 minutes.
West Bend Newsletter
Get more information on our latest news, best offers, and most popular recipes when you sign up.