What kind of sugars can I use in the cotton candy machine?
My cotton candy machine is not flossing, why?
How do I clean my cotton candy machine?
How do I clean my S’mores Maker?
What size marshmallow should I use?
Can I roast other campfire foods, like hot dogs, with my S’mores Maker?
My marshmallow is not roasting. What is wrong?
Regular granulated sugar can be used as well as flossing sugars made specifically for cotton candy. Flossing sugar will produce the best results.
Hard candies can be used to create cotton candy. Crush candies finely and use in place of sugar. Do not use sugar-free, artificially sweetened, stale, or tacky hard candies.
Pre-sweetened drink mixes may be mixed with sugar to create flavored floss. Avoid sugar-free drink mixes or mixes sweetened with artificial sweeteners.
Do not attempt to use artificial sweeteners in the cotton candy machine, as it will burn in the extractor head and will not floss.
There are several reasons that the cotton candy machine may not be flossing properly. Some of the common reasons are listed below:
- Cotton candy machine has not been preheated for the full 5 minutes.
- Using artificial sweeteners.
- Using finely ground or powdered sugar.
- Crushed candies not crushed finely enough.
- Extractor head is clogged or needs to be cleaned.
- Before cleaning the cotton candy machine, make sure it is completely cool.
- Remove extractor head and soak in hot, soapy water. Rinse and spin by hand to remove as much water as possible, towel dry exterior. If necessary, use a dish cloth to remove any sugar stuck on the extractor head. Do not use any abrasive scrubbers, as damage to the finish may occur.
- With dry hands, plug appliance into wall outlet, place extractor head back on heating base, set the “ON/OFF” switch to “ON” ( l ), and let spin for 15-20 seconds. Set the “ON/OFF” switch to “OFF” ( O ), unplug, and remove extractor head again, towel dry exterior and set aside. This removes most excess water from inside the extractor head.
- Remove the bowl assembly from the heating base. Wash in warm, soapy water, rinse and dry thoroughly. Reassemble appliance. Do not place the extractor head in the dishwasher. Do not place the heating base in water or any other liquid.
All of the accessories can be washed in hot, soapy water. Do not immerse the base, but it is okay to wipe it with a damp cloth. If necessary, a soft bristle brush or tooth brush can be used to remove any particles from the screen.
We recommend using a fresh, standard-sized marshmallow. Jumbo, mini, and specialty marshmallows will not roast properly.
No, this product is designed specifically for roasting marshmallows. Other foods will not cook properly and may drip into the product, causing damage to the base.
The S’mores Maker will roast a marshmallow to a soft consistency, excellent for making S’mores, but will not brown a marshmallow like a campfire. Make sure to hold the marshmallow, fairly still, about 1 inch from the top of the base. Turn the marshmallow every 45 seconds to 1 minute until it is the desired consistency, max 2 minutes. Turning the marshmallow continuously will significantly slow down the roasting process.