How do I clean my electric tea kettle?
Models 6411 and 6421
- Open cover and remove filter screen from spout. Wash filter screen in hot soapy water with a dishcloth, rinse and dry.
- Fill kettle with hot tap water to the 4 cup level. Add a small amount of detergent and wash the inside with a dishcloth. Empty, rinse thoroughly and dry. Replace filter screen.
- Wipe exterior surface of kettle and power base with damp cloth and dry.
- Unplug, and allow to cool before cleaning. Between uses empty water from tea kettle to prevent severe buildup of mineral deposits which can cause pitting of the metal base.
- Wipe exterior surface with damp soapy cloth and dry.
- If whistle opening becomes clogged, insert pipe cleaner, cotton swab or small tube into opening to clear. Whistle opening must remain clear for whistle to function and also to prevent water from boiling out of spout.