Browse Recipes By Products:
- 1 pound tofu
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons water
- Peanut oil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed fresh gingerroot
- 1 green onion including top, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Cut tofu in half horizontally; sprinkle with salt; let stand 10 minutes. Pat dry; cut tofu in 1 x 2 inch pieces.
- Mix next 2 ingredients in bowl until smooth.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in uncovered wok at 375.
- Dip tofu pieces, one at a time, in batter; fry, three to four at a time, in oil until golden brown; drain. (Add more oil if necessary.)
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in wok.
- Add gingerroot and green onions; stir-fry 10 seconds.
- Return tofu to wok with soy sauce; cover, cook 1 minute. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.