Browse Recipes By Products:
2 tablespoon peanut oil
3 ribs celery, cut in 1 inch julienne pieces
6 green onions, cut in 1 inch pieces
¾ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon sugar
1 ½ pounds finely chopped lean pork or chicken or shrimp
1 – 8 ounces can sliced bamboo shoots, drained and coarsely chopped
2 cups fresh bean sprouts
2 tablespoon soy sauce
2 tablespoon dry sherry
1 -1 pound package egg roll skins
1 egg white, lightly beaten
3 cups peanut oil
Sweet and Sour Sauce or (see Sauce recipes)
Hot Mustard Sauce or (see Sauce recipes)
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in uncovered wok at 375°. Add next 4 ingredients stir-fry 2 minutes.Remove to large bowl; set aside.
- Heat 1 ½ teaspoon oil in wok until hot; add pork and bamboo shoots; stir fry 1 minute. Remove to bowl.
- Heat remaining 1 ½ teaspoon oil in wok until hot; add bean sprouts; stir-fry 2 minutes; remove to bowl.
- Turn wok OFF. Clean and dry when cool.
- Stir soy sauce and sherry into mixture in bowl. Place in strainer to drain thoroughly, at least 10 min.
- Place 1 egg roll skin on counter with corner toward you. Put 1 tablespoon filling in rectangular mound on center of wrapper. Fold bottom corner of wrapper up over filling; overlap 2 opposite side corners. Moisten 4th or top corner with egg white; fold over to form roll.
- Heat oil in uncovered wok at 375°. Fry egg rolls two to three at a time, until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve with sauce of your choice *Note: After frying, egg rolls can be covered and refrigerated no longer than 24 hours. Heat, uncovered in 350° oven about 15 minutes or until heated through.
Makes 4 to 5 dozen.