Browse Recipes By Products:
Won Ton Soup
- 6 Chinese dried black mushrooms, soaked in hot water, 20 minutes, drained, stems discarded, caps minced
- ¼ pound ground lean pork
- ¼ pound shrimp, coarsely chopped
- 3 teaspoons minced green onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Dash freshly ground white pepper
- 1 pound won ton skins
- 1 egg white lightly beaten
- 6 cups hot chicken stock
- Finley sliced green onions optional
- Mix first 8 ingredients.
- Place ½ teaspoon filling in center of each won ton skin. Moisten edges with egg white, fold in triangle; press edges to seal; moisten the two far point of triangle with water; press together firmly; Makes about 55 won tons.
- Bring 2 quarts of water to a boil in wok at 250°.
- Drop 18 won tons into boiling water; cook 10 minutes; drain.
- Place 3 won tons in each of 6 soup bowls; fill with hot chicken stock; garnish with green onions if desired. Serve immediately.
*Note: remaining won tons can be frozen. It is not necessary to thaw before cooking.
Makes 6 servings plus left over won tons.