Browse Recipes By Products:
Teriyaki Steak Strips
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger root, minced OR 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 pound round or sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, combine soy sauce, onion, garlic, sugar, ginger and wine. Stir to blend. Add steak; stir to mix. Cover and marinate for 1 hour at room temperature or in refrigerator several hours.
- Drain meat thoroughly. Add oil to Wok and preheat at 375°F/190.5°C. Place half of meat in Wok and stir-fry 1-½ minutes or until done. Push up side of Wok. Add remaining steak and stir-fry until done. Reduce heat to warm for serving over rice or noodles. Serves 2-3.
HINT: If you wish to add vegetables to this recipe, follow the guidelines. After meat is cooked, push up the side of the Wok. Add 1 cup each of sliced celery, and mushrooms, and ¼ cup diced green peppers to juices in Wok. Stir-fry at 375°F/190.5°C for 1½ to 2-minutes. Push up sides. Add 1 6-ounce can drained bamboo shoots. Stir to heat for about 30 seconds. Combine all ingredients. Thicken juices with ½ tablespoon of cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon of water if desired.
- Serves 4.