Browse Recipes By Products:
Sweet and Sour Pork
- 1½ pounds boneless pork loin, cut into ½ inch cubes
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 egg-slightly beaten
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 - 8 oz can pineapple chunks, drained, reserve juice
- 1 large tomato, cut into 8 wedges
- ½ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 4 teaspoons water
- Toss pork cubes in soy sauce; roll in egg, then in cornstarch, shaking off any excess cornstarch.
- Preheat 1½-cups oil in Wok at 375°F/190.5°C. Add pork in 4 batches, frying until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Turn Wok off. Keep pork warm in 200°F/93.3°C oven.
- Remove all but 1-tablespoon oil from Wok. Heat at 350°F/176°C. Add onion and stir-fry for 1 minute. Push up side. Add green pepper cubes, stir-fry for 1 minute. Push up side. Add pineapple and tomato wedges, stir-fry for 1 minute. Push up side.
- Combine reserved pineapple juice, wine vinegar, oil, brown sugar, soy sauce and pepper. Add to Wok and bring to a boil. Add cornstarch mixture, stirring until thickened. Return pork to Wok and combine all ingredients. Serve immediately.
- Serves 4.