Browse Recipes By Products:
Spinach Soup with Pork Balls
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 - ¼ inch peeled slices fresh gingerroot
- 4 Chinese dried black mushrooms, soaked in hot water20 minutes, drained, stems discarded, caps thinly sliced
- Salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
- 2 green onions, minced
- ¼ cup minced water chestnuts
- ½ pound lean ground pork
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ cup loosely packed spinach leaves, washed, stems discarded, shredded
- Bring chicken stock and 2 sliced gingerroot to simmer in uncovered wok at 225°. Reduce heat to “simmer”;
- add mushrooms, salt and pepper; simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove gingerroot.
- Mix next 6 ingredients; form into 12 -1¼ inch balls.
- Add pork balls to stock; cover; simmer 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add spinach 3 minutes before serving. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.