Browse Recipes By Products:
Spinach Soup with Pork Balls
6 cups chicken stock
2 - ¼ inch peeled slices fresh ginger root
4 Chinese dried black mushrooms, soaked in hot water 20 minutes, drained, stems discarded, caps thinly sliced
Salt and freshly ground white pepper to taste
2 green onions, minced
¼ cup minced water chestnuts
½ pound lean ground pork
1 tablespoon Soy sauce
1 teaspoon dry sherry
2 teaspoons cornstarch
½ cup loosely packed spinach leaves, washed, stems discarded, shredded
- Bring chicken stock and 2 sliced ginger root to simmer in uncovered wok at 225°. Reduce heat to “simmer”.
- Add mushrooms, salt and pepper; simmer 15 minutes.
- Remove ginger root.
- Mix next 6 ingredients; form into 12 -1¼ inch balls.
- Add pork balls to stock; cover; simmer 30 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add spinach 3 minutes before serving. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.