Browse Recipes By Products:
Oriental Pepper Steak
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound flank or round steak, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 thin slice fresh ginger root
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 small green pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 small tomatoes cut into wedges
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oil in Wok to 375°F/190.5°C. Add half the meat and stir-fry until done, (about 1 ½ minutes). Push up the sides of the Wok. Repeat frying remaining meat. Add garlic, ginger root, and soy sauce and 2 tablespoons water. Stir to blend. Cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook 15-20 minutes.
- Push meat up sides of the Wok. Decrease heat to 350°F/176°C. Add green pepper and onion, stir-fry 2-3 minutes. Push up sides. Add tomatoes and bean sprouts, stir gently, cover and steam for 1 minute.
- Combine cornstarch with water and stir into Wok, cook until thickened. Combine all ingredients. Reduce heat to warm to serve.
- Serves 4.