Browse Recipes By Products:
Oriental Beef with Peas
- 2 tablespoons sherry, dry white wine or beer
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound or sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 thin slice fresh ginger root OR ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 6-ounce package frozen pea pods OR a 10 ounce package of frozen peas, rinsed in hot water
- 1 8-ounce can sliced mushrooms drained
- 1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- In bowl, combine sherry, soy sauce, cornstarch and salt. Add sliced steak and stir to coat. Cover and marinate 1 hour at room temperature or several hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oil in Wok at 375°F/190.5°C. Add fresh ginger root, cooking 10-15 seconds. Remove from Wok. If using ground ginger, sprinkle over meat mixture. Drain any marinate off meat. Add half of steak to Wok; stir-fry 1 ½ minutes or until done. Push up side of Wok. Add remaining steak and stir-fry until done. Push up sides.
3. Add pea pods and stir-fry 2-3 minutes until completely thawed. Push up sides or remove if using peas. Add mushrooms and water chestnuts, stir-fry until heated. Combine all ingredients. Reduce heat to warm for serving.
- Serves 3-4.