Browse Recipes By Products:
Hot and Sour Soup
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 6 ounces lean pork or chicken breast, cut in julienne strips
- ½ cup tofu, cut in julienne strips
- ½ cup bamboo shoots, cut in julienne strips
- 6 cloud eat mushrooms, soaked in ½ cup hot water 15 minutes, stems discarded, caps halved
- 6 Chinese dried mushrooms soaked in ½ cup hot water 15 minutes, stems discarded, caps thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with 3 tablespoons water
- 1 egg, beaten lightly until slightly foamy
- 3 tablespoons Chinese red vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 green onions including tops, thinly sliced
- Bring chicken stock to boil in uncovered wok at 250°.
- Add pork, tofu, bamboo shoots, cloud ear and Chinese mushrooms; cook 3 to 5 minutes.
- Mix soy sauce, sugar, salt and cornstarch. Add to soup; stir; cook until soup just comes to a boil.
- Slowly swirl in egg;
- turn wok OFF; put vinegar and pepper in bowl; add soup and green onions. Stir; serve immediately.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.