Browse Recipes By Products:
Chinese Cucumber Soup
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ pound boned and skinned chicken breast or finely shredded lean pork
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled, split lengthwise, seeds removed, diced
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Mix first 3 ingredients in bowl; add chicken; stir to coat.
- Heat oil in uncovered wok at 350°
- Add chicken; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add chicken stock; reduce heat to “simmer” for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add next 4 ingredients; simmer 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to 250°; bring soup to fast boil;
- turn wok OFF; stir in egg. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.