Browse Recipes By Products:
Chicken with Snow Peas and Cashews
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1 whole chicken breast, skinned, boned and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ pound fresh snow peas, trimmed with strings removed
- 1 8–ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- ½ cup chicken broth or bouillon
- ½ cup cashews
- In bowl, combine garlic, soy sauce, corn starch and hoi sin sauce. Stir to blend. Add chicken and stir to coat. Marinate 15 minutes.
- Preheat oil in Wok to 375°F/190.5°C. Add chicken mixture and stir-fry until opaque (about 5 minutes). Push up side of Wok.
- Add snow peas and water chestnuts. Stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add broth and combine all ingredients, stirring until slightly thickened. Garnish with cashews. Reduce heat to warm for serving.
- Serves 3-4.