Browse Recipes By Products:
Chinese Flavored Beef
2 tablespoons peanut oil
4 green onions, cut in 1 inch pieces
1 tablespoon peeled and minced fresh ginger root
1 pound boneless beef chuck, cut in 1 inch cubes
¼ cup sugar
2 tablespoon soy sauce
1/3 cup dry sherry
1 cup water
½ teaspoons dried red pepper flakes
- Make sauce mixture; mix all sauce mixture ingredients until sugar dissolves.
- Heat oil in uncovered wok at 375°. Add onions and gingerroot; stir-fry 1 minute.
- Add beef cubes; stir-fry 2 to 3 minutes or until brown.
- Add sauce mixture; bring to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to “simmer” and cook 30 minutes.
- Uncover; increase heat to 350°; cook until sauce thickens, about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from wok; serve hot with picks for spearing meat.
Makes approx. 40 pieces.