Browse Recipes By Products:
Milk Chocolate Hazelnut Pots de Crème
- yolks of 2 large eggs
- ¾ cups half-and-half
- 5 tbsp. chocolate hazelnut spread
- 3 oz. milk chocolate, finely chopped
- Set function control to bake and preheat West Bend® Platinum Edition™ Countertop Oven to 325ºF.
- Place egg yolks in heatproof bowl and whisk until smooth. Combine half-and-half with hazelnut spread in a microwave-safe bowl and heat until the spread has melted. Stir thoroughly and return to the microwave and heat on high until steaming and almost to a boil. Pour about half of the hazelnut mixture into the egg yolks in slow, steady stream, whisking constantly. Heat the chopped chocolate in the microwave until melted and smooth and whisk into the hazelnut/egg mixture. Add remaining hazelnut mixture, whisk thoroughly. Strain mixture into a heatproof measuring cup.
- Arrange two 6oz. ovenproof tea or coffee cups in a shallow, oven-safe pan. Pour 4-5 oz. of custard into each of the 2 cups. Place the pan in the oven and pour enough hot water into pan to come halfway up sides of cups. Bake for 25 minutes, until custard is a little wobbly in the center when cups are jiggled. Do not over bake; custards will set as they cool. Chill cups completely, about 4-6 hours, before serving. Garnish with mint leaves, chocolate shavings, and hazelnuts, if desired.
Makes 2 servings.