Browse Recipes By Products:
Zesty Shrimp Tacos
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 lime (zest the outer peel and then juice)
1 teaspoon cumin
1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
6 (8 inch) flour tortillas, heated according to package directions
¼ cup mayonnaise
¼ cup sour cream
1½ teaspoons fresh lime juice
2 teaspoons taco seasoning
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
½ cup sour cream
¾ cup sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup tortilla strips
3 cups iceberg and romaine lettuce mix (chopped)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine olive oil, lime juice, zest, and cumin in small bowl. Thread shrimp onto skewers; season with salt and pepper. Brush shrimp with marinade. Pour into a re-sealable plastic bag; seal the bag, squeezing out excess air. Refrigerate and marinate shrimp in mixture for 1 hour.
- Whisk together mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, taco seasoning, onion powder, and cilantro in a medium bowl. Refrigerate until chilled, at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat the Indoor Grill to 300°F. Grill shrimp until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side, brushing occasionally with lime mixture. Roughly chop shrimp.
- Combine taco dressing, sour cream, and shredded cheese. Spread mixture over each tortilla; top with shrimp, salad greens, and tortilla strips.
- Serve with your favorite toppings, such as diced tomatoes, salsa, sliced olives, and/or guacamole. Serve with a slice of lime on the side to squeeze over taco (optional).
yield: 6 servings