Warm Apple-Cheese Sandwiches
For a tasty twist on the standard grilled cheese, try adding slices of crisp apples to layers of sweet fruit preserves, creamy brie, and bacon sandwiched between slices of buttery toasted bread. The sweet-and-salty combination makes every bite irresistible.
- 12 strips bacon
- 12 slices of thin Italian or French bread
- 2 tbsp. apricot or raspberry preserves
- ¼ to ½ lb. brie cheese
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 12 rings
- 100% oil non-stick spray or butter
- Preheat the West Bend® Grill & Panini Press in closed position. Open the grill 180° so that both sides lay flat on the counter. Cook the bacon. Grease will collect in the drip tray.
- Spread one side of 6 slices of bread with preserves. Add cheese and apple slices. Cross two slices of cooked bacon over each. Top with the remaining slices of bread.
- Spray top and bottom of sandwiches with 100% oil non-stick spray or butter the bread. Place on the West Bend® Grill & Panini Press. Carefully close the lid and grill until the bread is crisp and golden, about 3-5 minutes.
Makes 6 servings.