Browse Recipes By Products:
White Chicken Chili with Poblano
A wonderful creamy chili, made with chicken instead of beef. A family favorite!
- 1lb coarse ground chicken
- 1 large yellow onion, medium diced
- 1 red bell pepper, medium diced
- 1 green bell pepper, medium diced
- ½ to 1 Poblano pepper, small diced (depending on heat of the pepper & desired heat of the end product)
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 6 tablespoons Corn Masa Harina (corn flour – not to be confused with corn starch)
- 5 tablespoons cold water
- 4 tablespoons minced cilantro
- salt to taste
- In a deep non-stick skillet, sear the ground chicken over high heat until lightly browned. Reduce the heat to medium-high and add the onions, all three peppers, cayenne, and cumin. Sauté the mixture, stirring frequently until the onions are translucent. Add the corn and the chicken broth, and simmer for 25-30 minutes.
- In a small dish, combine the masa and the cold water to make a slurry. Stir in to the simmering chili, cover, and cook for an additional 15 minutes.
- Add the cilantro and season as desired. The amount of salt will depend on the type of broth used – home made stock, low sodium broth, bullion and water, etc.
- Makes 3 quarts.