Browse Recipes By Products:
Slow Cooker Stew
Tender onions, carrots and potatoes slow cooked with chunks of beef. Quick and easy.
- 1 ½ pounds beef stew meat
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 ribs celery, cut into bite sized pieces
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 10½-ounce can beef broth
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons quick cooking tapioca
- Brown beef cubes in slow cooking pot on range top over medium heat. Transfer cooking pot to heating base using hot pads.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring to blend. Cover and slow cook at Setting # 3 for 8 hours or at Setting # 4 for 4 to 5 hours. Reduce heat to Setting # 2 for serving.
- Makes 6 servings.