Browse Recipes By Products:
Hot N' spicy Stew
Savory and hearty, make it for dinner tonight.
- 3 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 carrots, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 - 6 ounce can small pitted, ripe olives, undrained
- 1 - 16 ounce jar mild salsa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- ¼ cup water
- Combine all ingredients, except cornstarch and water in slow cooking pot. Stir well to blend.
- Cover and cook at Setting # 3 for 7 to 9 hours or at Setting # 5 for 3 to 4 hours until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Increase heat to Setting # 5. Combine cornstarch and water. Stir slowly into stew mixture until thickened. Reduce heat to Setting # 2 for serving.
- Makes 6 servings.