Browse Recipes By Products:
German Beef Stew
Wonderful flavor in this German recipe. Broth has a hint of sweetness.
- 1½ lbs. beef chuck, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb. can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups thinly sliced carrots
- ¼ cup sherry cooking wine
- ¼ cup dark molasses
- ¼ cup raisins
- Place beef in cooking pot. In a small bowl, combine flour, celery salt, garlic powder, ground ginger and pepper. Sprinkle over beef.
- In a bowl, combine tomatoes, carrots, wine and molasses. Pour over beef.
- Cover and place cooking pot on base. Simmer at “LO” for 6 to 8 hours. Add raisins 30 minutes before serving. Reduce heat to keep warm (“WM”) for serving. Serve over hot cooked noodles.