Browse Recipes By Products:
Country Pork Stew
Healthy and hearty, all in one. Pork is pleasantly pleasing.
- 1½ pounds pork, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 medium potatoes with skins, scrubbed and cubed
- 4 carrots, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 green pepper, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 16-ounce can whole tomatoes, cut up
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon instant beef bullion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Sauté onion in butter in slow cooking pot over medium-low heat on range top. Transfer cooking pot to heating base using hot pads.
- Add ham strips and drained mushrooms to cooking pot. In bowl combine reserved mushroom liquid with soup. Pour over ham mixture; stir to blend.
- Cover and cook at Setting # 3 for 3 ½ to 4 ½ hours or until heated.
- Stir in sour cream 15 minutes before serving. Reduce heat to Setting # 2 for serving. Serve over cooked noodles, rice or chow mien noodles.
- Makes 6 servings.