Browse Recipes By Products:
Chicken Vegetable Stew
Healthy and great tasting, this will keep you warm for the winter season.
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken parts, skinned if desired
- 5 carrots,cut into 1/2 - inch pieces
- 3 ribs celery, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 7 ounce can mushrooms stems and pieces, undrained
- 1 15 ounce jar whole small onions, undrained or 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 16 ounce bag frozen peas, rinsed with hot water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 2 - 10 1/2 ounce cans chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup water
- Place chicken pieces, carrots, celery, mushrooms, onions, and peas in pot. In medium bowl combine salt, thyme, paprika, sage, pepper, 1/2 cups water, tomato paste and broth. Pour over chicken mixture.
- Place pot on base, cover and simmer at Setting #3 1/2 (Low) for 7 to 9 hours or at Setting # 5 (High) for 4 to 5 hours until chicken and vegetables are tender.
- Remove chicken pieces and set aside to cool slightly. Remove meat from bones and cut into bite-size pieces. Return meat to cooking pot; stir to combine.
- Set heat to Setting # 5 (High). Combine cornstarch and water; stir slowly into stew until thickened. Keep warm for serving at Setting # 2 (Keep Warm).
- Makes 8 servings.