Browse Recipes By Products:
Velvet Corn Soup
- 6 cups hot chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 4 green onions, white part only, minced
- 2 cups cream-style corn, pureed in food processor or blended
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten until frothy
- 2 tablespoons minced cooked ham
- Pour ¼ cup chicken stock over cornstarch in small bowl; stir to combine; set aside.
- Heat oil in uncovered wok at 325°. Add onions; stir-fry 30 to 40 seconds.
- Add remaining stock, corn, salt, pepper and sherry; reduce heat to “simmer” for 15 minutes.
- Increase heat to 225°; bring soup to a boil;
- add cornstarch mixture. Stir until soup is slightly thickened about 3 minutes.
- Turn wok OFF; add egg white; stir to combine.
- Stir in ham; serve immediately.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.