Browse Recipes By Products:
Velvet Corn Soup
6 cups hot chicken stock
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 tablespoon peanut oil
4 green onions, white part only, minced
2 cups cream-style corn, pureed in food processor or blended
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
1 tablespoon dry sherry
2 egg whites, lightly beaten until frothy
2 tablespoons minced cooked ham
- Pour ¼ cup chicken stock over cornstarch in small bowl; stir to combine; set aside.
- Heat oil in uncovered wok at 325°. Add onions; stir-fry 30 to 40 seconds.
- Add remaining stock, corn, salt, pepper and sherry; reduce heat to “simmer” for 15 minutes.
- Increase heat to 225°; bring soup to a boil.
- Add cornstarch mixture. Stir until soup is slightly thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Turn wok OFF; add egg white; stir to combine.
- Stir in ham; serve immediately.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.