Browse Recipes By Products:
Hearty Chicken Noodle Soup
A very satisfying homemade soup everyone will love.
- 2 lbs chicken, skinned if desired
- 5 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 carrots, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 4 ribs celery, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1-16 ounce can whole tomatoes, cut up
- 1 tablespoon instant chicken bouillon
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked fine egg noodles
- Combine all ingredients except egg noodles, in slow cooking pot. Cover and cook at Setting # 3 for 6 to 8 hours or at Setting # 5 for 3 to 4 hours or until chicken and vegetables are tender.
- Remove chicken pieces from cooking pot and set aside to cool slightly. Increase heat to Setting # 5 and add noodles, stirring to blend. Cover and continue to cook for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove chicken from bones and cut into bit-sized pieces. Return meat to cooking pot to heat as noodles finish cooking. Reduce heat to Setting # 2 for serving.
- Makes 6 servings.