Browse Recipes By Products:
Far East Tofu Soup
2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 cup cleaned and finely chopped fresh spinach
- ¼ pound tofu, cut in ½ inch cubes
- 1/3 cup finley chopped green onions, including tops
1 ½ cups sliced fresh mushrooms
3 large cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
½ teaspoon peeled and minced fresh gingerroot
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 ½ cups chicken stock
1 ½ cups water
1 cup uncooked egg noodles
1 unpeeled medium zucchini, cut in ½ inch pieces
- Heat oil in uncovered wok at 375°. Add next 3 ingredients, stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, turn wok OFF.
- Bring stock and water to boil in another wok at 225° or in a large saucepan, add noodles boil about 2 minutes;
- reduce heat to “simmer”,
- add zucchini and spinach; simmer 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add tofu and reserved mushroom mixture; simmer 8 to 10 minutes. Garnish with green onions. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.