Browse Recipes By Products:
Far East Tofu Soup
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 ½ cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- ½ teaspoon peeled and minced fresh gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup uncooked egg noodles
- 1 unpeeled medium zucchini, cut in ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup cleaned and finely chopped fresh spinach
- ¼ pound tofu, cut in ½ inch cubes
- 1/3 cup finley chopped green onions, including tops
- Heat oil in uncovered wok at 375°. Add next 3 ingredients, stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, turn wok OFF.
- Bring stock and water to boil in another wok at 225° or in a large saucepan, add noodles boil about 2 minutes;
- reduce heat to “simmer”,
- add zucchini and spinach; simmer 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add tofu and reserved mushroom mixture; simmer 8 to 10 minutes. Garnish with green onions. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.