Browse Recipes By Products:
Chinese Cucumber Soup
1 tablespoon dry sherry
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
½ pound boned and skinned chicken breast or finely shredded lean pork
2 tablespoons peanut oil
6 cups chicken stock
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1 medium cucumber, peeled, split lengthwise, seeds removed, diced
1½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
- Mix first 3 ingredients in bowl; add chicken; stir to coat.
- Heat oil in uncovered wok at 350°.
- Add chicken; stir-fry 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add chicken stock; reduce heat to “simmer” for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Add next 4 ingredients; simmer 5 minutes.
- Increase heat to 250°; bring soup to fast boil.
- Turn wok OFF; stir in egg. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.