Browse Recipes By Products:
Beef Vegetable Soup
Nice, hearty soup is the great healthy start to the fall season, or any season.
- 1½ pounds beef soup bones or 1 pound beef short ribs
- 1 ½ quarts water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 ribs, celery, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 Small onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1-16 ounce can whole tomatoes, undrained
- Place soup bone, water, salt, pepper, carrots, celery, potatoes, onion and bay leaf into slow cooking pot. Cover and slow cook at Setting #3 for 6 to 7 hours.
- Remove soup bone and cool slightly. Remove meat from bones and return to soup with tomatoes. Cover and slow cook an additional hour. Noodles or barley may be added if desired.
- Makes 6 servings.