Browse Recipes By Products:
Vegetable Ham-Bone Soup
Yet another family favorite! Flavorful and tender vegetables make this a great meal.
- 1 pound dry marrow or pea beans rinsed in cold water
- 1 meaty ham bone (1 1/2 to 2 pounds)
- 3 cups peeled 3/4 inch cubed potatoes
- 3 cups 1/4 inch diced celery
- 2 cups 1/4-inch diced carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups ham stock liquid and/or water.
- Place pot on base. Add beans, ham bone, potatoes, celery, carrots, onion, salt, thyme, and pepper. Pour liquid over mixture.
- Cover and hear at Setting # 3 1/2 for 8 to 10 hours. Remove ham bone. Keep warm for serving at Setting # 2.
- Makes 4 quarts soup.