Browse Recipes By Products:
Turkey Vegetable Soup
- 3 pounds turkey parts
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 rib celery, cut into ¼ inch pieces
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 - 10 ½ ounce cans chicken broth
- 1 - 14 ½ ounce can stewed tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 - 10 ounce package frozen mixed vegetables, rinsed with hot tap water
- Place all ingredients, except mixed vegetables, in slow cooking pot. Cover and cook at setting #3 (low) for 8 to 9 hours or at setting #5 (high) for 5 to 6 hours until meat and vegetables are tender.
- Remove turkey and bay leaf from cooking pot. Set turkey aside to cool slightly. Discard bay leaf.
- Increase heat to setting #5 (high). Add mixed vegetables. Cover and continue cooking for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, remove turkey from bones and cut into bite-size pieces. Return meat to cooking pot while vegetables are cooking. Reduce heat to setting #2 (low) for serving.