Browse Recipes By Products:
Tangy Corned Beef and Cabbage Stew
You don't have to be Irish to enjoy this lovely dinner.
- 3 pounds corned beef, rinsed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoon quick cooking tapioca
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- 1 small head cabbage, cut into 8 wedges (do not remove the heart)
- 1- 10 1/2 ounce can beef broth
- 1 soup can water
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon horseradish (optional)
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- Place corned beef in pot. Sprinkle tapioca evenly over meat.
- Spread carrots, onions, and cabbage evenly around and over meat. In a mixing bowl, combine beef broth, water vinegar, dry mustard, horseradish, molasses, cloves and bay leaf. Add to pot.
- Cover and simmer at Setting #4 for 6 to 8 hours or until vegetables are fork tender. Remove cloves and bay leaf. Keep warm for serving at Setting #2.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.