Browse Recipes By Products:
Quick Sauerbraten Stew
This is definitely something you want to have in winter, because it is heavy and rich.
- 2 - 24 ounce cans beef stew
- 8 gingersnaps, crushed
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- In pot, combine beef stew, ginger snaps, vinegar, brown sugar, onion, cloves and bay leaf. Cover.
- Place pot on base and simmer at Setting #5 for 1 hour. Reduce heat to Setting #2 to keep warm for serving.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve with hot buttered noodles.
- Makes 6 to 8 serving.