Browse Recipes By Products:
A great way to get the wonderful benefits from eating fish.
- 2 pound fresh or frozen (thawed) fish fillets (haddock, perch, cod, flounder)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ¼ cup diced celery
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into cubes (2 cups)
- 4 cups hot water
- 1 - 16 ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry (optional)
- Cut fish into chunks and remove bones. Sprinkle with lemon juice. Cover and refrigerate.
- Fry bacon in slow cooking pot on range top over medium heat until crispy. Drain on paper toweling, crumble and set aside.
- Sauté onion and celery in bacon drippings until brown. Transfer cooking pot to heating base using hot pads. Add potatoes, water, tomatoes, carrots, salt and pepper to cooking pot. Stir to combine. Cover and cook at Setting #3 for 4 to 5 hours or at Setting #5 for 2 to 3 hours.
- Drain lemon juice from fish. Add fish, worcestershire sauce, and sherry to cooking pot. Simmer for 1 hour or until fish flakes easily with fork. Reduce heat to Setting #2 for serving. Garnish with crumbled bacon.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.