Browse Recipes By Products:
Cheese Vegetable Soup
- 1 rib celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ¼ green pepper, finely chopped
- 4 - 10 ½ ounce cans chicken broth
- ⅔ cup flour
- ⅔ cup water
- 1 pound pasteurized process cheese spread, cubed
- 1 - 12 ounce can beer
- Combine celery, carrot, onion, green pepper and broth in slow cooking pot. Stir to blend. Cover and cook at setting #3(low) for 5 to 6 hours or at setting #5(high) for 2-3 hours.
- Strain mixture and puree vegetables. Return puree and broth to cooking pot. Increase heat to setting #5 (high).
- Combine flour and water until smooth. Slowly add to broth mixture, stirring constantly.
- Add cheese cubes, a cup at a time, stirring until melted. Add beer and stir. Cover and heat 30 minutes or until hot. Reduce heat to setting #2 (low) for serving.