Browse Recipes By Products:
Beef-Bean Stew with Dumplings
Your family will devour this lovely stew with dumplings.
- In pot, place meat, onion, green beans, bay leaf, celery seed, salt, popper, tapioca and water.
- Place pot on base, cover and simmer at Setting # 3 1/2 for 7 to 8 hours. DUMPLINGS One hour before service increase heat to Setting #5. into a small bowl, sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in shortening until fine particles form.
- Add parsley flakes and milk. Stir with a fork just until combined.
- Thirty minutes before serving, remove bay leaf and drop batter evenly into 8 dumplings on top of stew.
- Cover and steam 30 minutes. Reduce heat to Setting #2 for serving.
- Makers 8 servings.