Browse Recipes By Products:
Stuffed Green Peppers with Tomato Sauce
Stuffed peppers are a wonderful all-in-one meal solution for busy weeknights and weekends.
- 6 large or 8 medium green peppers
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1-10 1/2 ounce can condensed tomato soup
- 1 soup can water
- Cut tops off peppers, remove stems and set tops aside. Clean out seeds.
- Preheat pot on stovetop heating unit over medium heat for 2 minutes. Brown ground beef; remove from heat. Add onion, celery, rice, milk, egg, salt, pepper and chili powder to ground beef and mix. Stuff peppers with mixture.
- in pot, combine tomato soup and water. Place pepper tops on bottom of pot. Place pepper tops in bottom of pot; set stuffed peppers on tops to prevent peppers from spilling.
- Place pot on base and simmer covered at Setting #5 for 2 hours. Spoon sauce over pepper when serving. Keep warm for serving at Setting #2.
- Makes 6 to 8 servings.