Browse Recipes By Products:
Rolled Beef Roast
Very easy way to make an incredibly tender rolled roast. Just add your favorite sides. May we suggest our french onion soup?
4 to 5 pound rolled beef rump roast
1 onion, quartered or sliced
- Place metal rack in pot. Place beef roast on rack, fat side up. (You may wish to brown roast in pot on top of range before roasting. Place rack under roast after browning.) Insert meat thermometer in center of roast. Place onion around roast; season roast with salt and pepper.
- Cover pot and place on base. Roast at Setting #4 until well-done, about 5-6 hours. (Meat thermometer should read 170 degrees F for well-done meat.) Remove roast from pot and increase heat Setting #5 to thicken meat juices.
- Remove rack from pot. To make gravy, combine ¼ cup flour with 2 tablespoon cold water. Stir into meat juices and heat until thickened (about 15 minutes). Meanwhile, slice roast and place on platter. Pours thickened juices with onion over meat slices.
Makes 12 to 15 servings
- Sliced carrots and small quartered potatoes may be placed around roast when roast is placed in pot.
- Add 1 4-ounce can mushroom stems and pieces to meat juices when thickening. Use drained liquid from mushrooms in place of water when making gravy.