Browse Recipes By Products:
Pulled Pork with Ginger Bourbon Sauce
This recipe was the third place entry for the 2012 Wisconsin Pork Association's Mouthwatering Pork competition at the Wisconsin State fair. Recipe submitted by Gerry Cofta - Milwaukee, WI.
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3-4 lb boneless pork shoulder
- ½ cup water
- 4 pretzel buns or your favorite type of bun
- 1 cup apple jelly
- 1 cup ketchup
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- Place the sliced onion in an even layer on bottom of the cooking vessel. Trim the skin and any excess fat from the pork. Place the pork over onions and add water.
- Cover and cook on low until meat is tender, about 8 hours.
- When done, remove the pork to a cutting board and drain cooking liquid from the onions. Shred pork then return to the cooing vessel with onions. Prepare the sauce:
- Whisk the apply jelly with ketchup, vinegar, bourbon, Worcestershire, Tabasco, and ground ginger in a large saucepan set to medium meat.
- Bring to a boil, whisking occasionally until the apple jelly dissolves and sauce is smooth.
- Mix the sauce into the shredded meat and onions and stir until well combined. Turn slow cooker onto the low setting to keep warm until serving.
- Serve on your favorite buns and top with coleslaw.