Browse Recipes By Products:
Very tender and flavorful, It's great to make ahead of time. This recipe is one of our family's favorites.
- 1 ½ pounds round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 large green pepper, cut into strips
- 4 tomatoes, cut into eighths, or 1-1 pound can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1-1 pound can bean sprouts, drained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup cold water
- Brown steak in slow cooking pot on range top over medium heat. Transfer cooking pot to heating base using hot pads.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, onion, salt, pepper, ginger, sugar, and soy sauce. Pour over steak. Cover and slow cook at Setting # 3 for 6 to 8 hours or at Setting # 4 for 4 to 5 hours.
- Add green pepper, tomatoes, and bean sprouts, stir to blend. Slow cook an additional hour. Just before serving, increase heat to Setting #5. Combine cornstarch and water. Gradually add to pepper steak, stirring until thickened. Keep warm for serving at Setting #2. Serve with rice.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.