Browse Recipes By Products:
Take a less expensive portion of steak and cook slowly to make it tender. Great flavor!
- 1½ Lbs round steak, cut into thin strips
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 large green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 4 tomatoes, cut into eighths, or 1 1-pound can whole tomatoes, undrained
- 1 Lb can bean sprouts, drained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ½ cup cold water
- Brown steak in cooking pot on range unit over medium heat. Transfer cooking pot to heating base using hot pads.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, onion, salt, pepper, ginger, sugar and soy sauce. Pour over steak. Cover and slow cook at LO (# 3) for 6 to 8 hours or Med (# 4) for 4 to 5 hours.
- Add green peppers, tomatoes, and bean sprouts, stir to blend. Slow cook an additional hour. Just before serving, increase heat to HI (# 5). Combine cornstarch and water. Gradually add to pepper steak, stirring until thickened. Reduce to Keep Warm (#2) for serving.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.