Browse Recipes By Products:
Simple and tasty. The soy adds a nice flavor.
- 1 2 ½ to 3 pound chicken, cut up
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce
- 1 6-ounce package frozen pea pods or 1 10-ounce frozen peas, thawed
- 1 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1 4-ounce can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- Brown chicken pieces in slow cooking pot with a small amount of oil over medium heat on range top. Transfer cooking pot to heating base using hot pads. Add broth, lemon juice, onion, salt, and pepper. Cover and slow cook at Setting # 3 for 6 to 8 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken pieces and place on warm platter. Increase heat Setting to # 5. Add remaining ingredients; bring to boil. Thicken if desired with cornstarch and water. Pour over chicken for serving or place chicken pieces into cooking pot for serving and reduce heat to Setting # 2.
- Makes 4 to 6 servings.