Browse Recipes By Products:
Italian round Steak
Warm and flavorful, tomatoes really make this dish and help tenderize the steaks. We like to serve it over potatoes, rice or noodles.
- 2 pounds beef round steak, ½ -inch thick, cut into 8 serving pieces
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 28-ounce can whole tomatoes, drain and reserve liquid
- 1 ¼ cup liquid (reserved tomato liquid plus enough hot water to make 1 ¼ cups)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, finely cut
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ cup cold water
- Place steak pieces in pot. In a small bowl, dissolve bouillon cubes in reserved tomato liquid/hot water.
- In a small bowl, combine tomatoes, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over steak. Add bouillon-liquid mixture.
- Cover pot and place on base. Heat at Setting #3 ½ for 8 to 9 hours. To thicken liquid, increase heat to Setting #5, 15 minutes before serving. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water. Stir into hot liquid and thicken. Keep warm for serving at Setting #2.
- Makes 8 servings.