Browse Recipes By Products:
Herb Roast Pork
A very aromatic dinner, where everyone fights for the end pieces of roast. The garlic is a wonderful addition and adds great flavor.
- 4 – 5 pound pork roast, boneless or bone-in
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon sage
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 4 large cloves garlic, quartered
- 2 tablespoons water, optional
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, optional
- In small bowl combine salt, thyme, sage, cloves and lemon peel. Rub into pork roast. Cut 16 small pockets into roast and insert pieces of garlic.
- Place roast in slow cooking pot. Cover and cook at Setting # 3 for 7 to 9 hours or at Setting # 5 for 4 to 5 hours. Insert meat thermometer into roast to ensure internal temperature is 170° F or higher before serving. Allow roast to stand 10 – 15 minutes before carving. Remove garlic pieces. Juices may be thickened for gravy, if desired. Dissolve 2 tablespoons cornstarch in 2 tablespoons water. Stir slowly into juices until thickened at Setting # 5.
- Makes 8 servings.