Browse Recipes By Products:
Elizabeth's Cabbage Roll Casserole
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 med onion, chopped (½ cup)
- 5 cups coleslaw mix
- ½ cup uncooked instant rice
- ¼ cup water
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) chunky Italian-style tomato sauce
- Ingredient Substitution: No coleslaw mix on hand? Substitute 4½ cups shredded cabbage and 1 shredded carrot. If you own a food processor with a shredding attachment, this is a great time to use it.
- Cook beef and onion in slow cooker pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, unitl beef is brown; drain.
- Mix beef mixture and remaining ingredients in a 6 quart slow cooker. (Cooker will be very full, but cabbage will cook down.)
- Cover and cook on low heat setting 4 to 6 hours or until cabbage is tender.
Makes 6 servings.