Browse Recipes By Products:
Country Ribs with Apples 'n Kraut
Sweetness of the apples and the tartness of the kraut truly enhances the flavor of the tender pork ribs.
- 3 lbs. lean country-style pork ribs, trimmed of any excess fat
- salt and pepper
- 1 - 16 oz can sauerkraut, undrained
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1 - 8 oz can mushrooms stems and pieces, drained
- 1 large or 2 small apples, cored and cut into wedges
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- Preheat cooking pot on electric or gas range top heating unit over medium heat. Add ribs in batches to brown. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return all ribs to cooking pot. Layer sauerkraut, onion, mushrooms, apple wedges and brown sugar over ribs. Sprinkle with celery seed.
- Place cooking pot on base, cover and cook at “LO” for 7 to 9 hours or at “HI” for 3 to 4 hours until meat is tender. Reduce heat to keep warm (“WM”) for serving.